Transformation Challenge Rules
Spark Yoga Corporate Rates
2017 90-day transformation challenge
- Entry and Eligibility to Win. Last day to register for 2017 Transformation Challenge (“Challenge”) is Jan 3, 2017. To enter the Challenge, you must register through individual client online account online at https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/home.asp?studioid=37331 . Entry in challenge is complimentary. The Challenge is open to Spark Yoga members who have obtained the age of 18 by Dec 31, 2016. Employees of Spark Yoga or its subsidiaries and affiliates are not eligible to register or win. The Challenge is void where prohibited by law.
- Limit is one entry per participant.
- The Challenge is comprised of 5 parts (“Transformation Package”):
- Successful completion of 30 Day Challenge that starts Jan 1-3, 2017. 30 daily consecutive practices at Spark Yoga in 30 days.
- 3 (Three) instagram posts per week with tags @spark_yoga #sparktransformers2017.
- Successful submission of high-def before and after photos (see below).
- Successful submission of 250-500 word essay (see below).
- Continuous, valid Spark membership throughout 90 days participating in challenge.
- Photo and Essay Submission: To be considered for Prizes, you must submit as part of Transformation Package a total of six (6) photos and a personal essay (as described below) to www.sparkyoga.com/my-transformation-story between March 31, 2017 and 12 pm EST on April 14, 2017. In no event will submissions be accepted after 12 pm EST on April 14, 2017. Only one (1) entry per participant will be accepted and reviewed. To successfully enter your photographs, you must submit three (3) recent “before” photographs and three (3) “after” photographs using the following instructions: front body and head view, back body view, and side profile view. The “before” photos and the “after” photos should be similar poses. Photos may be taken in home at the same location with white or neutral uncluttered background. For best results, the photographs should be full body to show body transformation. The front view should clearly show a newspaper or magazine that clearly shows date of photos. Men should wear bathing suit or favorite yoga shorts. Women should wear favorite sports bra with yoga pants or shorts. Spark Yoga reserves the right to request resubmission of one or more of the “before” or “after” photographs or request additional images. Any entries submitted by someone other than you or professionally produced or enhanced will be rejected. Spark Yoga is not responsible for managing or holding photos before submission. You will also be required to submit a 250-500 essay that describes your transformation experience. The essay should explain what you learned about yourself and your body, how you changed physically and mentally, and any other positive impacts in your life. Please do not use other brand or trade names in your essay, because they will not be printed and will automatically void your entry. By participating in Transformation Challenge, each participant represents and testifies that his/her Essay is original, truthful, and does not infringe any third part rights. Participant grants Spark Yoga a perpetual, full-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, display, transmit, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, digitize, publicize, create marketing materials, otherwise use, and permit others to use throughout his/her entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including the internet for any purpose without further consent form or payment to you or any third parties.
- Social Media Instagram Posting: As part of Transformation Package, you must post a minimum of 3 (three) original instagram posts per week with tags @spark_yoga #sparktransformers2017. Participants must use the both complete hashtags for a post to be counted and track. The posts must be public so that Spark Yoga is able to view the contents. 3 instagram posts should be posted on separate days. All images must be tasteful and applicable to participant’s journey in Transformation Challenge. Images may include, but are not limited to, pre/post class selfies, Spark Yoga studio related selfies, meal choices, moments where you made a positive contribution or healthy lifestyle choice. All description of posts should also follow inspirational word choices, transformation description, or connection of photo to Transformation journey. By posting on Instagram as part of Transformation Package, participant grants Spark Yoga a perpetual, full-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, display, transmit, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, digitize, publicize, create marketing materials, otherwise use, and permit others to use throughout his/her entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including the internet for any purpose without further consent form or payment to you or any third parties.
- Any post may be refused or not counted, and Spark Yoga retains the right to disqualify any participant should Spark Yoga conclude at its sole discretion that a post could reasonably be considered harassing, abusive, threatening, inappropriate, unsuitable, offensive, vulgar, or damaging to Spark Yoga brand or goodwill. Spark Yoga may ask participant to delete posts in connection to Transformation Challenge in the event that such posts are deemed offensive or any of the aforementioned characteristics.
- Transformation Challenge Judging and Winners.
Round One: All successful Transformation Challenge package submissions will be judged by a panel of judges selected by Spark Yoga. Before and After photos will be judged based on visible transformation (muscle tone, visible weight loss, or visible body mass shifts). Instagram photos will be evaluated on content connection to Transformation Challenge and essence of the challenge and the inspirational characteristics of the posts. Essay will be evaluated according to the sincerity, passion, inspiration, and impactful nature of the content. Round Two: After successful submission of Transformation Package and choices from Round One, winners will be chosen at random.
- Winner Announcement. Entries must be submitted to www.sparkyoga.com/my-transformation-story between March 31, 2017 and 12 pm EST on April 14, 2017. The Transformation Challenge winners should be announced on or about April 30, 2017 by e-mail and through Spark Instagram and Facebook, however, all dates and times for announcing winners are approximate and may be extended at Spark Yoga’s sole discretion. All entries become property of Spark Yoga and will not be returned.
- Prizes/Approximate Retail Value (ARV). The challenge winner will receive a membership until the end of 2017 (ARV $1,422). Runner-up will receive one-month unlimited package of classes (ARV $208), which must be redeemed by May 15, 2017 and used by Oct 31, 2017. Two additional winners will receive lululemon Fit Sessions (ARV $75), which expires May 31, 2017. All prizes are non-transferrable and non-shareable. Taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner. Prize winner(s) will also be required to execute an Affidavit and Publicity Release and a W-9 (if applicable) within fourteen (15) days of notification or Prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be chosen. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded in the event: (a) potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted based on the information stated in the entry form, (b) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods, (c) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Challenge or receive the Prize, (d) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, (e) potential winner’s Prize notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable for whatever reason, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Challenge and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Spark Yoga’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received.
- Winner Affidavit and Release. Spark Yoga reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminated, modify, extend, suspend the Transformation Challenge or parts of challenge at any time. Spark Yoga reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any participant if it finds, in its sole discretion, to be damaging to Spark Yoga brand or company. By participating in Transformation Challenge, participant waives any rights to dispute the evaluation of entry and winners. The Transformation Challenge is not endorsed, sponsored, administered or associated with Facebook or Instagram and participant releases Facebook and Instagram from any liability.
- Before receiving the Prize and as a condition of receiving the Prize, winners may be required to provide valid photo identification featuring his or her name and address as it appeared on the entry supplied, provide proof of proper age and residency, and sign an affidavit of eligibility and release supplied by Spark Yoga which, among other disclaimers: (a) releases Spark Yoga, LLC. and its range of subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons (“Spark” or “Spark Yoga”) from any and all liability related to the Challenge and the receipt and use of the Prize, and (b) participant grants Spark Yoga a perpetual, full-paid, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, display, transmit, distribute, exhibit, broadcast, digitize, publicize, create marketing materials, otherwise use, and permit others to use throughout his/her entry in any manner, form, or format now or hereinafter created, including the internet for any purpose without further consent form or payment to you or any third parties the right to publish the winner’s name, city/state, photograph(s), voice, testimonials, social media posts, approved biographical information, or other likeness and/or Prize information or personal essay (and/or any edited portion thereof).
- Assumption of Risk, Release of Liability, and Indemnification provisions. By entering the Challenge, each participant agrees to follow these Official Rules and to release, discharge, and hold harmless Spark Yoga, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agents, together with the present and future officers, agents, employees and representatives of each of them, from any and all responsibility or liability whatsoever for any property loss, damage, personal injury, or death, in connection with the Prize(s) and/or any person’s participation in the Challenge.
- General. No entrant shall use any artificial or inappropriate means of weight loss or alteration in body composition in order to win the Challenge including but not limited to hormone treatment, liposuction, weight loss surgery or other similar procedures. All interpretations of these Official Rules shall be made by Spark, whose decisions and interpretations shall be final and binding. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Transformation Challenge may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Spark Yoga reserves the right to seek damages from the perpetrator to the fullest extent permitted by law. Spark Yoga shall not be responsible for lost, incomplete or late entries. Spark Yoga decision are final on all matters related to Transformation Challenge. Spark Yoga is not responsible for incomplete, lost, last, delayed, garbled, incorrect, inaccurate entries, including, but not limited to technical malfunctions, human or technical error, omission, interruption, deletion, defective materials, systems, transmission connections, networks, or any combination thereof.
- Limit of Liability and Jurisdiction. By entering the challenge, you agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this challenge, other than the administration of the challenge, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by a court having competent jurisdiction located in Fairfax, Virginia; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this challenge but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to, claim punitive, incidental or consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Spark Yoga in connection with the challenge, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Virginia, United States of America, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
- List of Winners. For names of winners, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests must be received by May 15, 2017.