Spark Mentorship Program
Through this unique and interactive opportunity, connect with a Spark Mentor to:
- Identify and break up your samskaras (patterns)
- Establish your teaching goals and growth trajectory. Your mentor will help you stay accountable.
- Increase tapas (intensity) and tap into your teaching passions
- Recognize abhaya (fearlessness) through practical teaching sessions and coaching by your mentor
- Establish your teaching voice
Recommended for: 200-hr Teacher Training Graduates, current teachers, teachers switching styles, or anyone interested in continuing their education for teaching and self-inquiry.
6-Month Private One-on-One Mentorship Program includes:
One-on-One Conference Bridges
You will meet with your mentor by conference bridge four times. Use this opportunity to identify your teaching goals, ask questions, and monitor your teaching progress. You will be given reading and journaling assignments relevant to your goals. (4 Hours)
Time & Location Requirements: Flexible
Practice Teach 6-60 minute classes in Spark studio to your friends, family and mentor. (6 hours)
- Gain practical teaching hours and receive immediate feedback from your mentor. Your mentor will attend six full classes.
- Time & Location Requirements for in-studio classes: Must be available to teach between hours of 2:00-3:00 M-Sa or 12:30-1:30 or 2:00 - 3:00 Su at either studio
- All classes are free to participants
- All students participating in free classes must have a valid Spark account.
Participate in Spark Staff Teacher Tune-up sessions. These sessions occur 1-2 times per month on Sundays at Arlington studio from 12:00 -1:00 pm. (6-12 hours)
You are required to practice in your mentor’s class once a week. You will have a brief discussion afterwards to address questions regarding sequencing, assists and student interactions. It is recommended you practice at least 3 times per week. Your mentor may recommend specific classes to attend. **Class packages are separate from mentorship. (24 Hours)
Time & Location Requirements: Flexible
You will assist your mentor one-on-one at least two times. Receive feedback and coaching about hands-on assisting. If approved by your mentor, you will assist a full Community Class two times. (4 hours)
Time & Location Requirements: Must be available four (4) Saturdays from 400-530p at Mosaic
Study of Self (Svadhyaya)
You will be required to complete assignments and readings provided by your mentor tailored by your goals and milestones. In addition, you will receive private access to online library of mentor lectures. Expand your knowledge base of poses, teaching techniques, theming insights, and teaching tips (Min 12 hours)
200-hour yoga teacher training program certification (or equivalent).
Flexible: Mosaic or Arlington
(Saturday 4p community classes are all at Spark Mosaic)
Flexible Schedule: Program begins January 2018. You have 6 months to complete the program from your start date.
This mentorship was created to maximize schedule flexibility. All of your sessions will be scheduled with your mentor.
You may request a mentor or identify the skill sets you are interested in developing. In requesting your mentor, be mindful of your ability to attend class times that the mentor teaches. We do our best to match to your preferences but do not guarantee it. We reserve the right to select Mentor based on skill sets and mentor availability.
PROGRAM COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
- Teach 6 Classes to your friends & family with Mentor present. Classes will be scheduled during following times: M - Sa 1:30 pm, Su 12:30 pm or Su 2:00 pm (all sessions must be scheduled with mentor during first bridge conference)
- Assist 4 times in a Community Class (4p Sat, Mosaic). First two one-on-one with mentor and must receive approval from mentor before continuing assisting
- 4 one-on-one calls, in-person, or skype conferences with Mentor (up to 1 hour each)
- Review 5 online teaching videos
- Complete goal-setting, Journaling & Reading Assignments as directed by Mentor
- Attend one class per week that Mentor teaches (Minimum 24). Class fees are not part of program cost.
Completion of mentorship program does not guarantee any position with Spark.
Potential outcomes of mentorship completion:
· Community Class Teaching Position
· Assisting Position
· Teaching Position
READY TO APPLY? FILL OUT THE APPLICATION BELOW!