Spark Mentorship Program
Recommended for: 200-hr Teacher Training Graduates, current teachers, teachers switching styles, or anyone interested in continuing their education for teaching and self-inquiry.
Through this unique and interactive opportunity, connect with a Spark Mentor to:
- Identify and break up your samskaras (patterns)
- Establish your teaching goals and growth trajectory. Your mentor will help you stay accountable.
- Increase tapas (intensity) and tap into your teaching passions
- Recognize abhaya (fearlessness) through practical teaching sessions and coaching by your mentor
- Establish your teaching voice
12-week Private Mentorship Program includes:
One-on-One Conference Bridges
You will meet with your mentor by conference bridge four times. Use this opportunity to identify your teaching goals, ask questions, and monitor your teaching progress. You will be given reading and journaling assignments relevant to your goals. (4 Hours)
Time & Location Requirements: Flexible
Gain practical teaching hours and receive immediate feedback from your mentor. Your mentor will attend four full classes. (4 Hours)
Time & Location Requirements: Must be available to teach between hours of 2:00-3:00 M-Sa or 12:30-1:30 or 2:00 - 3:00 Su at either studio
You are required to practice in your mentor’s class once a week. You will have a brief discussion afterwards to address questions regarding sequencing, assists and student interactions. It is recommended you practice at least 3 times per week. Your mentor may recommend specific classes to attend. **Class packages are separate from mentorship. (12 Hours)
Time & Location Requirements: Flexible
You will assist your mentor one-on-one at least two times. Receive feedback and coaching about hands-on assisting. If approved by your mentor, you will assist a Community Class two times. (4 hours)
Time & Location Requirements: Must be available 4 Saturdays from 400-530p at Mosaic
Study of Self (Svadhyaya)
You will be required to complete assignments and readings provided by your mentor tailored by your goals and milestones. In addition, you will receive private access to online library of mentor lectures. Expand your knowledge base of poses, teaching techniques, theming insights, and teaching tips (Min 12 hours)
200-hour yoga teacher training program certification (or equivalent)
Flexible: Mosaic or Arlington
(Saturday 4p community classes are all at Spark Mosaic)
Flexible Schedule: Program begins March 18, 2017. You have 12 weeks to complete the program from your start date.
This mentorship was created to maximize schedule flexibility. All of your sessions will be scheduled with your mentor.
You may request a mentor or identify the skill sets you are interested in developing. We do our best to match to your preferences but do not guarantee it. We reserve the right to select Mentor based on skill sets and mentor availability.
$795 - Spark TT Graduates
PROGRAM COMPLETION REQUIREMENTS
· Teach 4 Classes to your friends & family with Mentor present. Classes will be scheduled during following times: M-Sa 2:00 pm, Su 12:30p or Su 2:00pm (all sessions must be scheduled with mentor during first bridge conference)
· Assist 4 times in a Community Class (4p Sat, Mosaic). First two one-on-one with mentor and must receive approval from mentor before continuing assisting
· 4 one-on-one calls, in-person, or skype conferences with Mentor (up to 1 hour)
· 5 online teaching videos
· Complete goal-setting, journaling & reading Assignments as directed by Mentor
· Attend one class per week that Mentor teaches (Minimum 12). Class fees are not part of program cost.
The following are not guaranteed but are potential outcomes of mentorship completion:
· Community Class Teaching Position
· Assisting Position
· Teaching Position
READY TO APPLY? FILL OUT THE APPLICATION BELOW!